Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Liebster Award | "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Okay, this is crazy. I've been nominated by the lovely A Yank In Blighty for the Liebster award. This is such an amazing way to find new blogs and I'm going to nominate my own 11 to answer some questions. I have been blogging less than a month and it's so humbling to see that people like what I ramble about. Over the last few weeks, I've made new friends, accumulated 23 followers on bloglovin' and found my love for writing again.


There are a few simple rules that you need to follow:
1. Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers 

4Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer 

(I don't know if the blogs I'm going to nominate have under 200 followers but they are my favourite blogs at the moment).

1. Why did you start blogging?
I lost all passion and motivation to sing which is what kept me happy for a long time. Being a creative person, I knew I needed to get my teeth into something new and my friend (who I'll be nominating in a minute) started blogging and it then occurred to me that I probably should try that too, and I absolutely love it!
2. What is the main goal you'd like to accomplish in 2014 with your blog?
I really don't have a goal as I've never really thought about it that much. I don't see my blog as being something that other people will enjoy, it's just something for me - though it's great that people read and do like my posts. I guess it would be great to reach 100 followers and keep blogging and not lose faith in myself again.
3. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
Oh god, this is a hard one. I have no idea. I think I'd buy an RV and travel all the way around the world first and then decide after I've experienced all different cultures and places.
4. What is your earliest memory?
Being 5 years old in hospital for 2 weeks and my class making me a card with all different pictures and names on it. My teacher bought it into the hospital when she came to visit and it made me so happy to see that people cared about me. Hospital at 5 years old for a fortnight is pretty lonely.
5. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
Now, you're bringing out the Marvel geek in me. As cliche as it is, I think I'd have to pick flying. How incredible would it be to just go somewhere and not have to pay extortionate prices for the train, or walk miles on end to get to where you want to be?!
6. What website do you spend the most time on?
Probably Twitter. Or Zoopla, house hunting online is my new favourite past time.
7. What is your dream job?
I would absolutely love anything in the music industry, or in media. It's something I've been aiming toward for so long, but I've sort of given up now. 
8. Do you prefer cooking or getting take out?
It really depends on whether I've been working or not. I really love a good take away, but I feel that cooking your own food makes it taste so much nicer and you appreciate it more. So, I'd have to say cooking my own food.
9. What if your favorite store, where you could probably spend too much money?
At the moment, I spend absolutely no money at all, but it would probably be Yankee Candle or Primark.
10. Who is your favorite blogger?
This is a hard one. I don't think I really have a favourite blogger because I don't really enjoy putting things in an order. I have lots of blogs I enjoy to read!
11. What is the best piece of advice you've been given/found?
Stop caring about what people think about you. It doesn't matter if they don't like you, if you like yourself.



1. Alice's Antics - Here is my best friend. Alice is 18, and wise beyond her years. She's just moved to Italy as an Au Pair for 8 months, so you're bound to find quality content here. 
2. Skinnedcartree - I have never known someone so passionate about blogging as Corinne is. She posts beautiful dresses and advice on blogging, she's set up a website so we can get to know one another (you can join up here).
3. What Lucy-Jayne did 
4. Coffee And Cosmetics
5. RubyDuchess 
6. LipstickLeathers
7. FabulousWithHeart
8. CatchLifeAsItFlows
9. MissAmyKatherine
10. SimplyRoxilicious
11. Wear Something Black

And my questions for you are...

1. What are your ambitions for this year?
2. Where do you see your blog in 5 years time?
3. Sweet or savoury?
4. What would you change about your life if you could alter one thing?
5. What made you start blogging?
6. Favourite blogger?
7. What is your day job?
8. What other hobbies do you have other than your blog?
9. Favourite song?
10. Describe yourself in 5 words.
11. Link your favourite blog post.

There you have it. Go go go. I can't wait to read your answers, and thanks again for nominating me.
Normal blogging resuming in 3...2...1..

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to answer here because I'm not eligible according to 'the rules' ha, I did a leibster award last year, you can see it here http://www.skinnedcartree.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    Ok so your questions.

    1. What are your ambitions for this year? Improve the photos and content of my blog, gather enough interest in the forums to gain a community of people that inspire, help and care for eachother.

    2. Where do you see your blog in 5 years time?
    Hopefully it will be similar, but maybe with a few babies on there? Give me babies, I'm 27 it's probably time.

    3. Sweet or savory?
    Savory! I could probably go without chocolate for the rest of my life.

    4. What would you change about your life if you could alter one thing?
    My job.
    5. What made you start blogging?
    My best friend, she has stopped blogging now though, she was at http://bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk

    6. Favourite blogger?
    Amber from www.foreveramber.co.uk


    7. What is your day job?
    Stock control

    8. What other hobbies do you have other than your blog?
    Cycling, running, general 'internet', xbox

    9. Favourite song?
    This changes all the time. One of my all time favourites is 'Such Great Heights' by Postal Service. If you want to know what I listen to most I'll link you to my lastFM account, so message me on the forum if you want to see my top artists/songs etc - it's in my real name which is why I am not linking it.

    10. Describe yourself in 5 words.
    Awkward, inappropriate, manic, tired and lazy.

    11. Link your favourite blog post.
    Probably this:
    http://www.skinnedcartree.com/2014/01/favourite-outfits-of-2013.html

    as it has all my favourite outfits of the last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Zoopla...that and rightmove...I want to move so badly so spend a lot of time on there too! And I love the advice, something I really should remember as in general I tend to take things too personally (something I've been trying not to do for a few years now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh ive only just seen this! im going to do it when i next put up a post! :) x

    ReplyDelete